“when you’re ready . . .
when you’re ready to know.
I wait, patiently. My ways are not like man’s ways you know.
The blind seem to be leading the blind somehow.
so much knowledge, yet,
so little care. so much violence, everywhere
Are you broken and hurting inside? I AM compassion. Bow your head,
I will abide.
Selah. Pause and think quietly on this
I AM the same, yesterday, today, forever. (1) I patiently endure. I AM here. (2) I AM there.
I bring Comfort in time, I bring rhythm and rhyme – but not now,
while your cut-heart bleeds . . .
It is time,
so much death and dying. so much sadness and pain. There is a time to cry and mourn . . .
they’ve pushed Me away. But I hear those who call. My ears hear the same, as in the beginning.
Do you know that I have engraved, on the palms of My hand, your name? (3)
You have heard. It’s been told you before. The words always sound the same. But, this time, can you hear My knock on your door?
“I Am faithful. I AM True. I give eternal life to them, and to you.
They shall never perish, those who believe. There is no sin, it has been covered, by My blood – I was willing, . . .
do you receive?
Greater than all, is My Father in heaven.
We are one, My Father and Me.
We are one. Yes, I, Jesus, I tell you – truly.
No one can snatch them or you, out of His hand. Our Father in heaven, He is Almighty, whose name is so great you will never comprehend. And know this,
yes, this you must hear, let these words ring clear in your ear:
‘no one’ can snatch you out of His hand. No trouble or tragedy or persecution or pain, no hunger, or danger, not even death can ever separate you from Him. God is love. Me and My Father are one. No one can separate you from Me.
I wait ’till the day you understand. I have your name engraved in the palm of My hand.
I love you forever. I wait each new day. My knock will not cease, I have prepared for you My Table of Comfort and Peace.
Let the tears flow, the sadness will end. A song I will bring you. In time, . . . you will have joy once again.
(1) Hebrews 13:8, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”
(2) Psalm 23:4, “Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.” (NLT)
(3) Isaiah 49:16, “See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.”
(4) John 10: 28,30, “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.”
(5) Romans 8:31-39, “What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else? Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself. Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.
Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”) No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.